Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Countdown to 2015 Boston Marathon Begins: 89 Days!




I am so excited to announce that in 89 short days, 
I will be running the 2015 Boston Marathon in memory of Abbie Benford and to support 
Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie!

For those who don't know, Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie is a foundation in memory of Abbie Benford, who passed away from an anaphylactic reaction on December 18th, 2013. Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie works to fund research into early detection of anaphylaxis, increase awareness of anaphylaxis, and fund scholarships.

Abbie's positive spirit has touched her friends, family, and even complete strangers in so many incredible ways. Each day, I think about Abbie and her amazing attitude on life. In the one short year I knew Abbie, I enjoyed every moment of her contagious laugh and fun loving attitude. I hold my memories with Abbie close to my  heart and think of them often. Sharing and listening to stories and memories about Abbie has given me the chance to get to know Abbie even more. Keeping Abbie in my thoughts each day as helped me to realize the importance of finding new and exciting reasons and strength to smile each and every day.

Abbie's friends and family have done a fantastic job of spreading awareness and raising funds for Keep Smilin' for Abbie. With the opportunity to run the Boston Marathon to support Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie, I hope to be able to help with these fundraising efforts. Until April 20th, 2015, I will be looking for sponsors for my 26.2 mile run. My fundraising goal is to reach 2,000 dollars in donations for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie!

In order to reach this goal, I need YOUR help! If you would like to sponsor my 26.2 miles, please follow the link to my fundraising page: 

http://www.keepsmilin4abbie.myevent.com/participant/164211

Here, you will find all the details about how to make a donation. Thank you so much for supporting my run and the Keep Smilin' foundation.

If you have some spare time and have not yet visited keepsmilin4abbie.org , please check it out and learn about the foundation, their amazing efforts, and most importantly, Abbie's life. I would love for all my sponsors to learn more about this foundation and be touched by the photos and stories about Abbie.

Be on the look out for my future marathon-update blog posts; as I train, I will keep all my sponsors up to date on my miles and fundraising on this blog!


Keep Smilin'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment