Saturday, April 18, 2015

Race Day is Tomorrow!

It's almost here!



Race day is so close and I am SO excited! And even better, in the past week, I have increased my fundraising goal to $6,277- more than THREE TIMES my original goal of two thousand! The outpouring of support for my run has been unbelievable. I want to thank each one of my donors for helping me blow my original fundraising goal out of the water. Your support through prayer, messages, and donations has made my journey to Boston and amazing experience. 

If you would still like to donate, my event page is still available- help me raise as much as possible before I start on Monday!

With race day so close, this weekend is full of final race preparation- lots of rest, water, Gatorade, and pasta! 

Today, David and I visited Boston for the Marathon Expo where I picked up my official number- 27999! Before today, I had never been to the finish in Boston. The atmosphere in the city was amazing, with so many international runners roaming the streets. 



At the expo, we explored the vendors and speakers, stocking up on some totally necessary BAA gear from the HUGE adidas store. We even left a mark from Keep Smilin' on a board where runners from around the world sign their names and messages of encouragement.





We also spent some time downtown Hopkinton to check out the set up on the common. I felt like a total tourist, but I wanted a picture on the start line!



Will you be along the marathon route on Monday morning? If you are, keep an eye out for me! I will be wearing a WHITE Keep Smilin' shirt. Here is my race info: 
11:15 am start
Wave 4
Corral 4 
I try my best to look through the crowds and see as many as my supporters as I can! Make sure to remember to wear your own Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie shirts to the race, too!

If you won't be at the race on Monday, but would like to receive updates to your phone about my progress, there are a few tracking option! 

1. You can track my progress on the BAA website: Track Me!

2. Text my bib number, 27999, to 234567 to get texts throughout the race

3. Download the BAA app for updates during the race!



I am proud to be wearing a Keep Smilin' shirt on Monday morning. I am proud to be running for Abbie. When the race gets tough, I know that Abbie will be behind me, pushing me up the hills and helping me finish the race of a lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment