Thursday, April 2, 2015

It's Almost Race Day!

Only 18 days until the 
start of the Boston Marathon!



BIG fundraising update- I am less that $500 dollars away from my $5,000 goal- I cannot believe it! Thank you to everyone who has reached out and made donations in the past week. Since my last blog post, I have raised almost $800 dollars, bringing my current fundraising total to $4,491. I am so close- if you have not yet donated, please help me reach my goal of $5,000 for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie today!


This has been a very busy week of training- and the last week of increasing mileage before the race! Over the next two and a half weeks, my program begins to taper off, prepping my body for the final race and keeping me healthy!

Today, I ran my longest run to date- 20 miles! On the marathon course, this run would get me right to Heartbreak Hill! Spending a few hours outside on such a beautiful day gave me some time to think about all my training and fundraising efforts for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie. The runs have been difficult, but I have seen and felt some amazing physical changes. I feel confident, strong, and prepared for Boston! 

My long run today also gave me some time to think about why this race is hold such great importance. It truly is an honor to run for Abbie. I think about Abbie every day and what joy she has brought to this world. I am constantly amazed at the people she has touched and the success of the foundation. When I feel a burst of strength or confidence on my runs, I send Abbie a little 'thank you' for helping me push through my training.

This past Sunday, I had a moment where I felt this little helping hand from Abbie as I crossed the finish line of my second Half Marathon. I participated in the Westfield Half Marathon with my friend Katie to practice setting my marathon pace. My goal was to finish the race having maintained my pace and feel as if I could keep running. 2 hours and 13 minutes later, I crossed the finish line and reached both my goals. I knew Abbie was there with me during that run and helped make it such a success.


Here are some pictures of Katie and I, 
pre and post 13.1 miles!





The race is creeping closer and my excitment level is quickly growing- keep checking in with my blog as April 20th approaches and please consider supporting Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie!



No comments:

Post a Comment