Friday, April 10, 2015

Reached my Goal!

Drum-roll Please!
I have reached my $5,000 fundraising goal for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie!


Thanks to my amazing family, friends, and community, I have officially reached my $5,000 fundraising goal. My current total is $5,262!! I cannot put into words how excited I am to have reached my fundraising goal for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie. This picture of Meb winning the Boston Marathon last year pretty much sums up all my emotions!


Now that race day is just within reach, the nerves are setting in- but more than anything, I am just so excited to line up Monday morning and begin the run I have been training for since January. My training has been a long journey. I have learned about how far I can push my body. Each week in my training, I reached a new running milestone. Week after week, these mini celebrations kept my spirits and excitement high for race day.

More than anything, though, my training and fundraising has opened my eyes to the amazing support system that I have behind me. My closest friends and family continue to check in with me every week to hear about my training. Some of my friends have even made two donations to Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie, showing their amazing support through my entire training program.

My boyfriend, David, has been supportive through all of my training. I cannot thank him enough for being strong for me on days where I can't seem to find that strength on my own. This past weekend, David joined me on my training around town. I felt just like Meb again, being paced by a biker! 

(if you ask my sister Veronica, she thinks I have a shot at beating Meb- her prediction is just a little bit out there, but I do feel like him on these bike/run training days!)






Running around Hopkinton so close to race day is exciting. The town is in full swing cleaning up and setting up for the thousands of runners and spectators who will arrive on April 20th. I ran by lots of these signs around town!




Thank you all for reading my blog and supporting my run for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie. Make sure to check in next weekenf for my final blog post before race day! 

Even though I have reached my fundraising goal, it is not too late to make a donation! With a little over a week until the race, I want to challenge myself to raise as much money OVER my goal as I possible can. Please share with your friends and family and donate to Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie!



Keep Smilin'




No comments:

Post a Comment