Monday, March 9, 2015

6 Weeks!


WHAT?! 
Only 42 more days? 


Time is moving so quickly! Before I know it, I will be lining up on the start line in Hopkinton and beginning my journey to Boston. (I hope the snow is gone by then, but at this point I'm not so sure!) My training has me feeling strong and I can't wait to put it all to the test on race day.

I have raised $2,976 towards my $5,000 goal- amazing! I am so thankful for everyone who has donated. If you have been meaning to make a donation, consider donating today and help me get even closer to my goal!


Over the past few weeks, some friends from home have reached out to me and given the extra support and strength I need to keep working through these tough training runs. 

One of my best friends, Karissa Collins, sent her love and support all the way from Clemson in South Carolina with an amazing Facebook post. Her post describes Abbie perfectly, as "the happiest, bubbliest girl you could ever meet and always wore a the biggest smile on her face" Thank you Karissa for helping spread the word for Keep Smilin' and helping me through my training! Want to read what else Karissa wrote? Check out the right side of my blog with the heading "Words of Encouragement from a Friend".


My other amazing best friend friend Jackie Chirco challenged her Facebook friends in a push-up/donation challenge. For every 'like' she received on her push-up challenge post, not only would she do one push-up, but she would donate one dollar to Keep Smilin'. 83 'likes' meant 83 push-ups and a donation to Keep Smilin'! Jackie completed all her push-ups while on a trip to Disney World with her lacrosse team! My favorite were her 10 push-ups in "Italy"-





My friends are so supportive of my run for Abbie. I want to thank them for always checking in and seeing how my runs are progressing. I love you all!


Keep Smilin'







No comments:

Post a Comment