Friday, February 27, 2015

52 days and a 15 mile run!



Only 52 Days until the Start!




Time is moving SO fast; the Boston Marathon is only 50 days away! Thanks to all my sponsors, I have raised an INCREDIBLE amount this week. Since my last blog post, one week ago, I have raised $650, bringing me to a total of $2,474- just $26 away from half my fundraising goal!

HMMM... 26 miles to run in the marathon and 26 dollars from half my goal?? Today, if one person will sponsor me for one dollar per mile, I would reach the $2,500 mark and be half way there!


It means so much to me that I am able to help Keep Smilin' and raising money to help with their research and awareness efforts. When people ask me how my training is going, and how hard it is getting, I think about the real reason I am running this marathon. I think about Abbie. Every step I take on every training run is for her.

This week, my long run was 15 miles. Up until this week in my training, I had not yet been on my longest run ever. This 15 miler broke that streak! Each long run from this week on will me a new milestone as my 'longest run ever'. After completing my run, I felt strong and accomplished, and ready for Boston!


Keep Smilin'


No comments:

Post a Comment