Friday, February 20, 2015

Fatherly Advice




Two More Months!

April 20th is getting close- just two months from today! So far, I have raised $1,824 for Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie. Thank you, thank you, thank you to each and every person who has made a donation over the past few weeks! I am still $3,176 away from my goal of $5,000. If you would like to make a donation and help me reach this goal, please visit my fundraising page!


Ever since I started running in high school, my Dad has been my biggest fan. He was always on the side lines of races, yelling out times and keeping me focused. Other girls on the Hopkinton cross country team even got used to him keeping track of their times and their place!

My Dad also started running track in high school and has stuck with the sport all his life. As my interest grew, running became a fun sport to enjoy together. And trust me, when we go for a run together, he NEVER lets me forget that he can finish first. Last year, my Dad and I ran in two 5k races together- one race we even ran with our Keep Smilin' gear!




When I'm at school, there are not too many opportunities to run with my Dad. So, after a hard workout, I call him at work and keep him up to date on my training. I assume these daily calls can get quite annoying, but I like to think I am giving him a little break from work! He always has the best advice. While other people will tell me to take a rest day or try and easy run, my Dad will tell me I'm being a wimp and to run faster. And when he catches me complaining, he just doesn't listen. He gives me the reality check I need and the motivation to prove him wrong on and run stronger on my next run.

I know that in April, my Dad will be chasing the marathon, stopping and seeing me run by wherever possible, just like he has at every other one of my races. Thanks,Dad, for being the best running buddy.


Keep Smilin'


No comments:

Post a Comment