Thursday, February 12, 2015

Half Marathon finished, can I reach HALF my goal?






Half Way There!




My long run this week was a half marathon-13.1 miles, and exactly half the distance I will run in the Boston Marathon, just 66 days from today! Having only run a half marathon once in my life, I was anxious for such a long run this week, but was pleasantly surprised upon finishing and still feeling full of energy! Thanks to my friend Jackie and her workout-fueling expertise, I have been keeping track of what I eat and making sure to prepare for these long runs. I also have to send out a well deserved congrats to my friend Katie who ran with me on Wednesday, completing her first ever half marathon!




After running a HALF marathon this week, I have a challenge for my sponsors; Can I reach HALF my goal by this weekend? Right now, I have raised a grand total of $1,661! That means I'm only $839 away from reaching this half way mark! If you have thought about donating to Keep Smilin' 4 Abbie, now is a great time! 

Keep Smilin'







No comments:

Post a Comment