Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stretching my legs AND my goal!




73 Days!




I've been a runner since the beginning of high school and I have learned (the hard way) the importance of stretching my legs after every run. So what about stretching a fundraising goal? It must be just as important to stretch my legs as it is to stretch my goal, right? 

I'm going to test this stretching theory and raise my fundraising goal- 

to $5,000!

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far; I am up to $1,481 after just two weeks of fundraising. With 10 weeks until the race, and your continued donation support, I can reach my new $5,000 goal with ease.

Running in Westfield is getting tougher as the temperatures drop and the snow totals climb. Most of my runs have consisted of multiple times around a 3 mile loop around camps (any runners reading this can sympathize how boring my 12 mile run was on this loop!) My friends at school continue to be a great support network, checking in after my runs and asking about my training plans each week.

As I continue to get donations, I encourage all my sponsors to check out keepsmilin4abbie.org and everything they are doing to spread Abbie's spirit and spread awareness of the severity of anaphylaxis.

I am training, preparing, and running for Abbie. During the hardest moments of my runs and workouts, I remember that she is always, always smilin' down.  



No comments:

Post a Comment